From:
Eric Oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2014 11:15:50 -0700
that sounds almost typical of older 9913 coax. You will get better results with LMR-400. There may also be an issue with your antenna feed point (loose connector, cold solder joint, etc.). That or the antenna, itself, needs to be retuned. If you have someone there that has an Antenna Analyzer, have them stop by and do a couple of measurements (one at the radio and the other at the antenna). That will usually narrow down the problem.

-eric