From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:47:02 -0400
Shaun,

Remember that any rig will only sound as good as the microphone used with it
and that assumes that it's being operated correctly.  I don't think it's so
much that Kenwood has dropped the ball on their audio as that other
manufacturers like Icom have gotten much better.  The only Kenwood rig that
consistantly sounds worse than the usual Kenwood audio in my oppinion is the
480 and that's just because it has a  narrower filter.  Even considering
that, it doesn't sound too bad.  Lou