From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2010 14:11:36 -0600
wow, you scored a pretty sweet arrangement the first time out there John.
but, don't hold your breath as far as getting a dipole up in an apartment or
condo/townhouse setting.
it's easy enough to convince vacation unit land lords or managers to let you
put antennas up, or owners of a rented house, but not so much with building
managers or owners.
when you are in a high density living arrangement such as an apartment
building, condo complex or townhouse complex, management is usually
concerned with fallout from other tennants and are very reluctant to allow
outdoor "cb" antennas as they think of them.  No matter how much material
you give them, or how much conversation you may have with them regarding the
fact that it's actually ham radio, and used for emergency operations etc,
they don't often budge.
perhaps you'll get lucky though.  find a place with a big balcony on the top
floor, or find a stand alone house and you'll be good to go.
allot of apartment managers don't even allow satelite dishes outside never
mind unsightly wires or antenna structures.
73
Colin, V A6BKX