From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 2016 10:08:56 -0500
Richard,

You probably have turned off the AGC.  Turn it back on and you should
see the s-meter return.

I *think* it is the "8" key on the keypad.   Don't remember if you have
to hit the function key first.

Of course, this assumes that you are hearing signals, and  aren't on the
wrong antenna or antenna port, or that your antenna didn't fall down.

73, Steve KW3A