From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:36:49 -0600
Gary, I agree with you.  I am also blind and went through college in teh 80's.  I went to be a programmer but that didn't work out.  I worked for an insurance company and for a company that did debt collection and title transfers for vehicles.  I lost my last job in about 1992.  In 1993 I was lucky enough to get a chance to show what I could do.  30 hours a week  4.50 an hour.  In 1994 I was hired permanently by the SHeriff's office.  I have done quality assurance, programming and what ever they need.  I am now IT helpdesk coordinator and have only about 11 years until retirement.  It is easy to stay home and complain about the handout you think you deserve.  It takes a far stronger person to beat the odds and become employed.  I thank god every day that I am the  latter of the 2.