Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:10:23 -0400
I may have given a wrong impression in my last post.  There is of course
some extended RX on the main band and I didn't mean to imply that it is ham
bands only.   But in a nutshell, you won't get the WX on  the main side, or
anything below the aircraft band on the sub side.

Earlier you had said you couldn't hear any AM broadcasts.   With the X
model, you have a total of 6 antenna jacks on the rear.   Even a short wire
connected to Ant 1 or 2  will let you rx on the  main band.   Just be sure
you select the correct antenna, or just move the wire from ant 1 to ant 2
and see which one is active.  These are the 2 jacks in the upper left corner
of the rear when looking at the rear of the rig.

73, Steve KW3A