From:
Mike Keithley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:46:06 -0800
Hello list,

Does anyone here use the Kenwood MC60A desktop mic? I ordered one with my TS590, and I can't figure out how to insert the batteries to power the preamp. I got the PDF manual, and it talks about removing four screws to get at the battery compartment. But the bottom of my unit has six screws, four of which hold the rubber feet to the case. I took all the screws out except for the two screws holding what I think is the impedance switch but can't get the bottom plate off. The fit is so snug I can't insert the blade of a screwdriver to pry it off.

Thanks for any help.

So does anyone here use this mic?