From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:43:54 -0500
Hi Howard,

I have run in to the same hum problem here, but its not a ground loop as all
of my audio and video equipment are plugged in to the same surge protector.
I have found that if I use an S video cable between our TV and cable box
that this cable causes a slight hum on the audio circuits even though I'm
using good quality cables.  If I go back to a standard RCA jack video cable,
the hum is gone. My Wife tells me that the s-video cable gives a slightly
better picture, but it also causes a little hum in the audio amp too.  So, I
am fortunate that the hum is at a very low level and would probably not be
noticed by most people.
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.