From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:31:46 -0500
well in fact, one of the reasons I had echolink installed was because of
band conditions on hf. They were poor enough in which I simply gave up with
it at the time. I use that time to further look at other options. Hence
echolink was an attraction and as it turned out, it was an excellent tool.
Now instead of waiting for propagations for specific places in which I want
to contact, I can look up that place on line and be guarantied a contact and
one thing funny about which, I've ran in to people I know and people that
were able to put me in touch with others whom I missed. Needless to say, my
phone bill hasn't increase. For that's another way to specifically make a
contact to some place in particular. With that said, the hf radio's beside
the computer so I certainly make use of it when at all possible.