From:
Jimmy Podsim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jimmy Podsim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2008 11:05:15 -0600
Wow, I've never had this happen.  Everybody I've ever delt with has been
considerate and paid attention to what's going on.  You have a few bad
apples in every cart I guess and Part of our deal as amateur's is to make
sure that these people are educated and told why what they did was wrong.

you would be surprised how people respond if you take the time to talk to
them and explain why what they did was wrong instead of just jumping their
case.  Taking the time to think of what to say was a smarter move than the
person that jumped their case.  There have been a few times where I've
stumbled into what I thought was a rag chew and found out later that it was
really a net.  Most of the time Somebody, usually net control, came on and
said this is a net could you please call net control before speaking?  Of
course this was said in a friendly voice so next time they ask for check ins
I threw my call out and apologized for disrupting their net and everything
was fine.  Then another time, I don't know why people rag chew in the middle
of a net and then get mad when somebody else jumps in.  I made a comment and
got chewed up one side and down the other.  Well, needless to say I went off
on these guys and the more they argued with me the more I argued back.
finally somebody jumped in and told net control that I had a point and that
all he really had to say was that this was a control net and ask me to
please stand by until net control asked for check ins.

You know, we all had to learn somewhere and there's not a ham out there that
can tell me that they knew everything before the first time they keyed the
mike.  Of course, we've got a lot of people that think that way and this is
why a lot of new hams throw up their hands and leave.  I hope this don't
sound like a bitch session, because that's not what it was ment to be, just
some food for thought.

... 73 ... KD5QHH ...  Jimmy ...
http://www.podsim.us
MSN or windows live... [log in to unmask]
Skype, jimmy.podsim ...blind people please note the period between the
names.
Have a great day!