From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:19:57 -0500
Howard,

I don't think the file list is being truncated by Jaws, but even if it is,
you can get around it by pressing Alt plus one of the numbers 1 through 7.
Each of these numbers will read one of the items in the details (date
modified, file size, file type, etc.).  Even when the information isn't
visible, these functions will read the items correctly.  I'm sure this is
covered somewhere in JFW's Help system, but I don't know where, and didn't
learn it from there anyway.  A friend of mine told me about all this just a
few weeks ago, and I've been using it to good advantage since.  You can also
customize the details list in Windows itself, and part of that customization
is the ability to increase the size of the columns.  It's a pain to do, and
involves locking the left mouse button and dragging the column headers right
or left, but it can be done if you have the patience.  Of course, it's much
easier to do if you can get sighted assistance, which I realize is often not
easy or even possible.  I'm totally blind, and I've done it, but I'd really
rather not, which is why I like the functions I've described above.

Steve