From:
Neil k8it <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2015 01:42:12 -0400
Jim
I need your direct email for the details of the package. please email me
directly at
if you have a modern rig, there are prewired cables which I will provide as
part of the package.
one of these goes between the radio and the ameritron interface box and the
other goes between the radio and the mfj-998 tuner
my rig which I am keeping is a kenwood ts480-sat
my tuning process is simple
0. ensure that the amp band switch is correctly set. I count clicks to do
this
1. ensure power output on 480sat is about 40 watts
2.with amp in standby I hit the rig AT button
3. place the amp into operate - it's a big toggle switch
4. hit the rig AT button once more
your tuned in 5 seconds
the tuner will give you a morse code error messages if high swr is still
present
a large mfj 6" power meter lets me get a relative power output without
reading the needle scale
having an audio feedback on the power meter would also work
the key to making this work for you jim is to start by looking up your rig
model to see if the prewired plug and play cables are offered for it

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK
Allstar Node 42087 KITLINK HUB