Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 21:59:42 -0600
Hi folks,

I"m also interested to hear anything from experienced users of this
rig.

I'm hopefully going to get to see one tomorrow, but I may go over to a
friend's and play with his.

IT would be nice to have 6 2 and 70 cm but that means one of the
Kenwood rigs if I want better access or the MIllenium qsyer units for
something like the 706.  THen again I really don't mind, I want to do
something for a more modern hf rig eventually.  THe 718 can do general
coverage rx and with the mars/cap mods can do tx too and people I talk
to on the air really like them for a good all purpose hf rig.

IT's even  within the price range that I might be able to afford in
the next year or two.  HOwever as I stick my nose to the front panel
of the radio to read the display on my 740 I understand that as I get
older a radio with better accessibility is going to be in my future.
sOmetimes I"m glad my 740 has a 25 and 100 khz xtal calibrators.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania