From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 11:42:15 -0400
Well,  the 870 is not available anymore except as a special order item, a
friend of mine called about in February and just got it 3 weeks ago so you
don't want to go through that, it took that long for him to get it ordered
and all, as for the 570 and the 2000,  it all comes down to if you want, 6,
2, and 440 or not. They are very similar on receive, 2000 might have a
little better DSP in it, but beyond that, the 570DG I will say, if you turn
on the noise reduction on CW is incredible but my friend did the same thing
with the 2000 and it was the same, so really, if you want the bells and
whistles, a little more adjustability like the noise blanker adjustable
instead of just 1 setting, 6, 2, and 440, the 2000 is your radio, on the
other hand, if you want a basic HF radio that's really a great radio for a
good price, very easy to use, then either one will do  seriously. I don't
know anything about the other radio you mentioned, but looking at prices all
told, the Kenwood line is cheaper in the long run for a base station once
you get the 100 watts and everything and I like that the kenwoods you are
interested in have a built in antenna switch.