From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2014 16:40:47 -0400
We just talked about this on the roundtable this afternoon.  VO1AX wanted to
start this, and he said he would not be around this weekend.  I know that 40
meters is full of nets and established roundtables coast-to-coast, so we
need to tread lightly.  I am willing to try this, for this weekend only, at
0100Z.  That's 9 PM EDT, 8 PM CDT, 6 PM PDT or Arizona time.  I propose
somewhere in the range of 7220 down to 7200.  This summer I have not been
hearing much broadcast QRM, but there will be plenty of hams in that 20 KHz.
I will try to call, and will post the frequency I am using here on the
listserv.  I won't stick around for much more than 15 minutes if I don't
find any participants.
BTW, I heard Alan, KD7GC, on 20 meters working 9K2GS after 0200Z.
Conditions weren't so great across the pole last night, and I was surprised
not to be able to hear KW3A this afternoon on 40 phone.  We'll see what
happens at 0100Z June 1 (that's Saturday night in North America).
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com