From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:50:50 -0400
Steve,

Before connecting to the USB port, you need to download and install the
Kenwood virtual comm port driver from this site:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl

Follow the instructions about when to connect the cable.  It will
install as a comm port number which can be changed in windows later if
need be.  It may install as a very high number (up in the teens).
After this, use that comm port  for your software connection.

This will also activate your internal sound card.   It will become the
windows default sound card, and some have had problems with losing
speech.   Be sure your screen reader is using the internal pc sound card
and not set  to use the "default" card.

The serial and usb ports are indipendent and you  could use the serial
port via a serial to usb adapter without having to install the kenwood
driver.   But no use of the sound card via the serial port on the radio.

73, Steve KW3A