From:
Jackie Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jackie Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2014 09:33:19 -0800
Hi All,

I recently bought two Baofeng UV5R rigs.  The first I bought off of Amazon for my husband's birthday.  Then when I found out it wouldn't arrive until around December 2nd, and his birthday was November 20th, I bought the second rig from a friend who bought a few and was selling them to anyone who wanted them.  As it turned out, of course, they both were there on Bill's birthday.  Because it was in a nice little box, I gave Bill the one sold to me by Dan, the Baofeng UV5RA and kept what I found to be a UV5R.

I had several frequencies programmed into both rigs by yesterday, but as another  friend had a repeater directory, he volunteered to program more frequencies in.  After getting them back, I find that Bill's rig works just fine, while I cannot get any channels at all.

Therefore, my question:  does anyone know of the differences between the UV5R and UV5RA?  I know that at least for the most part, the instructions that were provided by Buddy and Kathy seemed to apply to both rigs.  Nice job on both manual and tutorial by the way!  I had no trouble programming the rigs at all until our friend tried to help us.

Any comments or ideas?

Thanks.

Jackie Shepherd
AF7KG