From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:01:33 -0400
Tom,
A lot of good advice thus far.  Can you take the rig off  the a.c.
completely, by  trying it on a 12 volt battery and see what happens?

What about a quarter wave of insulated wire for 20 meters attached to the
ground lug of the rig?  Some people have success with this  in a home
station where  there is  rfi on a particular band, but don't know how it
would  play in a trailer situation.

Have you contacted the mfg of the antenna?   He may have heard of something
similar from other customers and perhaps has an answer.

Good luck, Steve KW3A