From:
Will Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:38:46 -0500
Hi all,

I agree with the comments made here, with this added point:

Window Eyes and Window Eyes Pro costs a few hundred dollars less than JFW.

If you are spending your own money as I did then this is a significant
consideration.  Also, I don't like the JFW copy protection scheme.  Others
live with it, but I am glad not to have to worry with it.

JFW does work slightly better when dealing with columns and tables, but
this is of no concern for my computer use.  And I think Window Eyes works
better for my web useage.

Will K4SAY

 On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Louis Kim Kline wrote:

> Hi Bob.
>
> I think you will get passionate endorsements on both of the major screen
> readers, and the JAWS users will swear up and down that JAWS is best, and
> the Window-Eyes users will swear up and down that Window-Eyes is best.
>
> In reality, I think you will find either one to be a considerable
> improvement over the screen reader that is built into Zoomtext.  The
> reality is that both have strengths and weaknesses.  For my own use, I like
> JAWS, but that is because it fits my style of computer operation a little
> better.  I could certainly do the job with Window-Eyes.

etc.