From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2013 06:38:55 -0500
Tom,

Since this happens at  odd times  with long periods between events, I'm
not sure I would start doing major changes "just in case".

Fire up the radio and start jiggling  coax connectors. Between radio and
amp, amp to TW-1, and TW-1 to tuner.   So there are 3 jumpers and 6
connectors to play with.

I would check the voltage  on the power supply, but I seem to remember
that  a few times over the years when you had  a problem and suspected
ps voltage, it always turned out to be something else.   Bad jumper one
time if I recall.

If the problem returns,  connect your dummy load or antenna  direct to
the radio, see if RX comes back and check swr using the  Kenwood's VGS-1.

I think sending it out for service at this point will just result in a
"no problem found" reply as well as loss of radio time and shipping
costs.  You can always box it up and send it here, I'll be happy to
evaluate it for a few months n/c.

73, Steve KW3A