BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Bohlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 20:31:07 -0800
On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, John A Gardner wrote:

> 1. I never asked for any special consideration because I am blind.  I
> did point out to the Department of education that mindless enforcement
> of technicalities can result in unintentional but very real discrimination.

Laurence Peter, of Peter Principle ("everyone rises to his level of
incompetence") fame, told a story about his interaction with the Ontario
Ministry of Education back when he was applying for his teaching
credentials.  The Ministry received his application, noticed that it had
not been sent by insured mail as was required, and sent it back to him
with instructions to resend it by insured mail.