AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Nelson, Rose" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:46:37 -0600
I'm sorry to make such a generalization.  I realize that everyone has
different needs and assistive technology must be customized to fit the needs
of the individual.  However,  libraries must try to accommodate several
types of needs, rather it be for visual impairment, audio difficulties, or
mobility issues.  I am trying to get a better idea of how libraries are
addressing these different needs.  I didn't want to focus on one disability,
but rather get suggestions from the group on how their library is becoming
more accessible to their diverse populations.  "those with disabilities" is
a very general term.  Is there a better way to delineate diverse
populations, without having to list all of them individually?

Thanks,

Rose