AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jane Forgay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 13:39:37 -0400
John,

Thank you for offering to compile a list of accessible library catalogues.
This is an excellent idea.  What a good way to promote/highlight library
system companies who have been successful in this area.  Such a list
should be given high profile and wide circulation on a regular basis
(perhaps every 6 months) to spread the word on which companies should be
considered by libraries when they need to upgrade. The absence of
non-accessible library systems from this list will surely be an impetus
for them to pull up their socks.

The University of Waterloo Library went with Voyager one year ago and we
are not satisfied with how the database works with its ascii, web, or
windows interfaces in conjunction with JAWS for Windows or ASAP (both
voice output programs). I'm hoping to work with our library systems people
over the summer to determine where the short comings are, i.e., with
Voyager, with JAWS, or with our own systems set up here in the Library.

Jane Forgay, Librarian, Services for Persons with Disabilities
University of Waterloo Library
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada