AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Baldeh, Samba" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:59:19 -0500

AAM - AWA Family Picnic: Saturday, July 15 @ Elver Park

AFRICA FEST 2006: Saturday, August 26 @ Warner Park

Join African Association of Madison, Inc. for $25 per year

Mail check to; AAM, PO Box 1016, Madison, WI 53701,
www.AfricanAssociation.org

Good Morning All,

JALIBA KUYATEH IN TOWN

The Senegambia Association of Madison wishes to invite all you to our
annual fund raising program with Jaliba Kuyateh and the Kumareh Band.
Proceeds will be used to implement our community based programs.

When:         Friday, July 14th 2006

What Time: 8:45pm prompt

Where: VFW - 301 Cottage Grove Rd.

Who is Jaliba: He is one of The Gambia's present day griots.  His
Kumareh Band combines both traditional and modern instruments styles,
and he is regarded as The Gambian cultural ambassador.  He began playing
the Kora, a 21-stringed instrument, when he was five.  He has
contributed greatly to the promotion of Gambian culture and the
development of African music.

Wow!!...Yes!!! JALIBA with the whole Kumareh band and we are only asking
for a thirty dollar donation to see his performance...

Please call 608-213-5947 for questions, suggestions, donations...

Thank you,