AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"biGObi.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
biGObi.com
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:54:29 -0700

AAM/AWA FAMILY PICNIC - Saturday, July 21, 2012, 1:00 pm - 8 pm at ELVER PARK

AFRICA FEST 2012 - Saturday, August 18, 2012, 10:0 am - 10:00 pm at WARNER PARK

Join the African Association of Madison, Inc. for $25 per year. Mail check to: AAM, PO Box 1016, Madison, WI 53701

Phone: 608-258-0261 -- Email: [log in to unmask]: www.AfricanAssociation.org

Greetings,

The organizers of the 8th Annual Umu Igbo Unite selected my movie, LOST IN ABROAD, to be shown at their National Convention on August 3rd, 2012 at 7 PM in Baltimore, MD.  If you are in the area that weekend, please come and network with bright minds and have a chance to see a thought-provoking movie that has already been nominated for a NAFCA 2012 award.  The venue is: Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport Hotel; 1739 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, Maryland 21090.

On August 4th following the movie premiere, I will be on a discussion panel with Ngozi Achebe to address some topics in her new book, Onaedo, as well as some of the issues that I touched in the movie.  You guessed right, she is a niece to Sir Chinua Achebe, a man that I look up to in my writings.  After Baltimore, we will head to Miami, Florida to showcase the movie on August 25th at 7 PM.  The venue is: California Club 6 Cinema, 850 Ives Diary Road, Miami, FL 33179.

We will end the United States tour for LOST IN ABROAD movie in the Bay Area on September 2nd, Labor Day weekend.  Details about that event will come later.  The DVDs are expected to be out soon as we are already more than half way done with our current project - FALSE ENGAGEMENT, which addresses deceptions and rage, arranged marriages, and religious divide in relationships.

By God's grace, the other topics that I will address in my movies include:

AFRICAN TIME - Explores why many Africans are always late to functions.
UNEQUALLY CREATED - Highlights the effects of the caste system among Africans and beyond.
THE UGLY GAME - Unveils the other side of football, a game well known as "The Beautiful Game."

LOST IN ABROAD exposed some of the possible reasons why many Africans would rather be in self-imposed exile than move back home. From my story lines, you can see that I am on a mission to address some REAL issues that affect our various communities.  It is more than making movies... It is a calling.  Please keep me in your prayers.

Thank you for your support,

Kelechi Eke, MS, MBA
Writer/ Director/ Producer
http://www.falseengagement.com/