AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dean Makuluni <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 06:03:02 -0700
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Quite right, Wilmot. The judiciary does give a lot of hope in Malawi. The
way things go, this whole impeachment process will most likely involve a
whole lot of injunctions against this and that and so on. Everyone goes to
the judiciary. It has the final say in most matters and it has shown a lot
of intergrity. In fact, four years ago, parliament tried to "impeach"
judges who were deemed to be "too independent" because they did not agree
with the executive all the time.

Dean

=== message truncated ===