AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mathew jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:29:55 -0800
Joe,
In order to come to grips with the gangs phenomenon in America particularly in the black community, it is important to understand the underlying causes of this menance. There is a history that needs to be understood, its causes and consequences. There is a larger picture, much larger than any single black community, but together this is responsible for the sad state of affairs in black communities. It gave birth to the drugs, gangs and alll the other things for which blacks have been streotyped. See?

Joe Brewoo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **
Mathew,

Can you expand on your propositions on this issue as to where the conspiracy theory fits into the rising activities of gangs in Madison.

Do you have information on the race of these gangs????? and their location??????

It has been reported that most of these gangs perpetuating these nefarious activities in Madison are from out of town and a typical example is the debacle at the annual state street halloween parties. There is no doubt about the existence of gangs in Madison but please, lets be objective.

As Wilmot pointed out in quotes "With the challenge of motivating our children to focus on education and wholesome activities, we may have the added task of warning and conjuring them about gang involvement".

I believe this is where our energies should be channeled.

Joe