AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kumapayi, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:02:34 -0500
 AFRICA FEST 2003!!!!

Flyers were sent out recently to intimate you with AAM's undertaking for
Africa Fest 2003.
To those who have responded to the flyers, we thank you. Those flyers also
enumerated the essence of our festival  and our effort to safeguard and
share with the Wisconsin Community the diverse heritage and traditions
inherent in the rich cultures of AFRICA.

dubbed:  AFRICA IS NOT A COUNTRY but a continent of great diversity!!!!

The African Association of Madison, Inc. invites each and everyone to the
festival

It is our festival!  The festival will be what we make it!  We must make it
real!
Your festival committees continue to work very hard to showcase our best.
With current budget constraints, our best can only be achieved with your
help.

We encourage you all to take a second look at the flyers as your
donation/contribution towards this festival is highly needed.  This is the
time to show our pride.  Your tax-deductible donation will help defray the
expenses of Africa Fest 2003.  No amount is too little.

Please make your donation  payable to "African Association of Madison, Inc."
and send to:

P. O. Box 1016
Madison, WI 53701
Tel: 608-258-0261

YOUR FESTIVAL SCHEDULE:

Friday, August 29, 2003
Symposium
Time & Place: To Be Announced
Gate: Free

Saturday, August 30, 2003
Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center
1, John Nolen Drive
Madison, WI

**** 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Festival Main Stage Performances
Cultural Exhibitions
Arts & Crafts
Vendors/Exhibitors
Gate: Free

**** 8:00 pm to 12 am
GRAND BALL AFRICA
featuring MOST VARIETY DJ LASISI's All-Africa musical parade
Gate: $10.00 min. /individual

With much anticipation and appreciation, we thank you.

Sincerely,
Ray Ade Kumapayi
Chairman, Festival Planning & Implementation Committee (FPIC)
Africa Fest 2003