AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"YARL, RICHARD C." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:59:00 -0600
--- Received from WPS.RYARL  223-5923               02-18-99 1059a

SALUTE TO DR. ADEMOLA IYI-EWEKA'S LEADERSHIP

Hello, Mr. President.

I applaud your effective leadership role.

Yes, you did it.  Is it a little too late?  I say NO.
Waiting to this point gave an opportunity to those who
needed to express how they felt.  This opportunity begot
another for those who wanted to know what people's reactions
would be.  And yes, we learned and I hope we now know what to
do the next time we consider either hurting or helping the
communication process.  I will honestly vote for the latter,
helping over hurting. I also have your vote on this, right?
Right!  Thank you for making it easier for me.

Fellow Africans and friends of Africa, I personally join
Dr. Iyi-Eweka's generous appeal to those who have either
considered or are considering terminating their subscription
to the net to please reconsider.  This net is not only a free
but a convenient communication tool that is very useful and
helpful in many ways.  How can ALL of us make it an effective
or the right tool, is the question you, you, you and I need to
answer.  We will appreciate your suggestions to do just that.

Withdrawing our subscriptions may be a way of telling ourselves
to leave the improvement process to the unknown.  I certainly do
not get it.  Believe me or not, If We Do Not Do It FOR US,
absolutely, No One will Do It FOR US.

Please stick around and together WE SHALL OVERCOME SOME DAY.
The African Association of Madison, Inc., ye Africa will not
only be what you want them to be but what you will HELP them
to be. Yes, you can. I honestly believe and trust that you
can in your own way.

Meanwhile, I take my hat off to those who mediated in any form
or shape and one way or another.  Also my heartfelt gratitude
to those who patiently witnessed the exchange of thoughts and
feelings.  I hope your patience gave you a new experience.

Remember: THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE.  LET US REJOICE
AND BE GLAD IN IT.  Cheers and Allah/God Bless!

Richard Yarl