AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aggo Akyea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:02:54 -0500
Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations to Tim, Djam and the rest
of the crew of Kweku Ananse and the Sweet Vibrations for this mammoth and
significant achievement.  In appreciation of the time, energy and dedication
you took to complete this CD album, we will all be there at the Regent
Street Retreat to share in your success and accomplishments.

For the creativity of coming up with the material for the album; for the
tedium and drudgery of rehearsals and practice; for the diligence and
painstaking sessions in engineering and editing to put final finishing
touches to the material.  Above all for the deftness and skill to arrange
financing for such a project, you deserve a great WELL DONE or AYEKOOOOO as
we would say in Ghana.

Kweku Ananse and the Sweet Vibrations has been the mainstay of the now
three-year old Africa Festival.  The group has been the unofficial African
ambassadors in Madison.  Representing all of us at schools, churches and all
manner of community activities and functions performing African music and
dances.  We thank you.

Once again, congratulations and I urge my entire fellow Africans and friends
of Africa to join in to make the CD launch party a historic event.  And more
importantly, be sure to purchase a copy of this CD, because one day you'd
show it to your grand children and say when we were in Madison . . .

Cheers.