AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tim Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:33:26 -0600
Come join us for a CD release party!

Saturday, April 14, 9 pm, at the Annex, 1206 Regent St., Madison, $7
cover charge.

Our CD, Kweku Ananse and the Sweet Vibrations, Rhythms for the Soul, is
available for only $12 between now and April 14. The CD will be available
at the CD release party.

We will be joined at the CD release party by DJ Lasisi, who will spin
African dance music between sets, and opening act the Handphibians, a
percussion group that plays Samba music from Brazil. The Handphibians
will play from 9-10 pm, Kweku Ananse and the Sweet Vibrations will play
from 10:30 to closing time. Special guest Habib Idrissu, master drummer
from Ghana, will join us. It will be a night to remember, with many
rhythms for your soul. Come celebrate life, celebrate spring, celebrate
music and dance, and celebrate the release of our first disk.

The disk has nine songs that represent the wide range of music that Kweku
Ananse and the Sweet Vibrations play. There is traditional drumming,
songs, contemporary West African pop music in a highlife/reggae style,
and music for the gyle (xylphone from Ghana) and atentaben (bamboo flute
from Ghana).