From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 22:33:19 +0100
At 15:19 2000-01-08 -0500, Norman wrote:

>>   I don't consider geographical location of a food to be reason to exclude
>> it from paleo. I would'ent touch the flax seed tho.
>>      `
>>

>No?!?!?  Then, exactly what are you doing in this list?

I basically agree with Norman, but many on this list do not consider
ancestry of food species. I basically try to avoid "geographically
foreign" veggies, but not fruits, unless there is some extra reason
for it (ex: tomatoes, which I have currently discussed). Bananas?
It is not possible to get too strict, we do not still live in the
ice-age african savanna, but have to choose among what is available
here and now. And there is a lot we can not know for sure.

What we are doing here is, among else, discussing our different views on
what is paleo and not. If someone is convincing, someone else might change
his/her view.

Paleo-Hamlet (looking at a pumpkin in his hand): "To eat, or not to eat,
that is the question!"

- Hans