From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 20:48:25 -0800
I feel for your sister.  The same thing happened with my oldest child.
It was 4 weeks prior to my due date,  but my Dr said I am too large and
we must have misjudged the due date.  He said it  is better to induce
labor.  31 hours later, I ended with a c-section.  I only dilated to a 4
and my baby wasn't even dropped into birth canal at all.  He was 11 lbs 2
oz but I know he was early despite his size.  He had to be in an
incubator because his lungs were in distress. He was also given a
supplement, and i had to convince my son he wanted breast milk more than
his supplement. He nursed for 11 months, but with his size,  I was
feeding him all the time. =o]  He is a normal 16 year old and grew at a
normal rate.  Very intelligent and is on the honor roll. My other 2
babies were much smaller thank goodness.  9lb 2 oz and 8lb 6 oz.
Trish