From:
Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 17:46:35 +0100
Marsha in Texas schreef:

> Date:    Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:11:58 +0100
> From:    Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: kinda tacky question
> >Christy 'beginning her baking for New Years Eve now'  from the
> >Netherlands
>
> Hartelijke Nieuwe Yaar !! My husband was an exchange student in
> Holland many decades ago. Did we just wish you a Happy New
> Year? That was the intent.

Thank you and the same to you and all others on this list.  The
expression is: Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar!!   Hartelijk means from my heart
whcih sounds very nice as well.

> Do you and your son eat a lot of the Dutch kaasen [cheeses] ?
> My son finds it very hard to live without cheeses and insitst on
> having some from time to time.  I hardly eat them.

> Back on topic .... about paleo poops .... are they usually what are
> called 'floaters' or are they suppose to be the kind that drops to
> the bottom of the water in the toilet bowl?

Thickness changes but when eating Paleo the color turns as someone else
called it 'ocher'.
It still worries me to think we lack iron or could it be the opposite?
Do we in fact stop discarting iron as we finally eat healthy?

> After starting paleo I found myself not as regular as B4 paleo. But
> supplementing w/a strong magnesium [time released] keeps me,
> like the Energizer Bunny in the ads, 'going and going and going.'

Regularity is not a problem of ours.  Whatever diet we are on people set
their clocks on us ;-)

> While we are on this subject I will add this, I have a friend in his
> mid 40's who has been a quadriplegic since a climbing accident.
> He lives on his own w/a few hours each day of attendant services.
> His 'bowel program', paid for by the state, is deemed adequate at
> three times a week. Only 3xWK does not seem right to me. To you?

It is utterly horrible that money would decide when a person can relieve
himself or not.  It happens everywhere but is not right.