From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:20:06 -0500
> Troy wrote:
>  it seems unnatural for humans to consume rotten fruit products with any
>regularity.

> S. B. Feldman wrote: With this choice of words I doubt whether any
research, >acts or theory would stand a chance, regardless of the source of
information.

My intention was not to malign foodstuffs derived from the fermentation of
fruits, nor to castigate people who choose to consume such foods/beverages.
Instead I was referring to the seemingly reasonable, if theoretical,
assumption that such foods would be available only seasonally and in
relatively small quantities. Also, consider that humans have a natural
aversion to any organic material that appears to be in a state of decay. For
instance, most of us would probably avoid picking and eating berries that
appear to be severely overripe (mushy, discolored, shriveled, etc.). We do
this in grocery stores as well as in the wild.

Troy G.