From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 11:16:29 -0500
> Ditto. I vote for the carb load theory.  Rice kicks my hypoglycemic
> ass......rice supposedly is a universal NON allergen...but who knows,
> anything is possible..

An interesting experiment would be to test the perceived effects of the same
quantity of different strains of rice. Wild lake rice (long, dark, green
grains), basmati, and white sushi rice for example. I suspect that if the
glycemic index of the grain is the issue for most people, then wild lake
rice (less carbs per gram than white rice) would be the least offensive to
one's efforts to maintain normal serum glucose levels.

Troy G.