From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:07:07 -0600
  I find that soaking in water overnight, does remove alot of the sugar and
nitrate. Personally, I don't like the taste of cured meats. Ray reacts badly
to corn syrup and the idea of soaking, is a good cost cutting one. Sure, it
doesn't eliminate all the sugar and nitrate, but taste wise, it gets rid of
over half and the bacon taste more like the way it should. Besides, someone
was telling us about soaking fish to remove salt last week, and no one made
a stink about that.

`