C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:22:58 EST
In a message dated 02/07/2000 7:57:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< We got ya beat Trisha.  Central Florida is the tourist capital of the world
 so, not only do we have folks from 50 states but an entire United Nations of
 folks.  The speed limit is arbitrary down here meaning you have people going
 anywhere from 15 miles under the speed limit to well over 90+ miles an hour.
 All looking for Mickey.

 Beth the OT

I hear also that Boston is the crazy driving capital of the world.  I believe
Beth about the great state of Florida because of the tourists and the
retirees (the fast and slow drivers). DC is a melting pot, and people from
all over the world who come to live here seem to bring their driving cultures
with them.

I lived in San Diego in the 80's and remember that there was a lot of traffic
on the roads during rush hour, but they seemed to handle heavy traffic more
efficiently than we do in DC.  The gawk factor is pretty high here.  Plus, we
have the Wilson Bridge, which is a major problem.  It's a main artery but
doesn't have enough lanes to handle the traffic (there's also a big
controversy right now between Maryland and Virginia about how to fix the
problem).

A couple of years ago a guy threatened to jump off the bridge and stopped
traffic throughout the area that day.  Remember that Miss Trisha?