From:
Don McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:01:59 -0800

Having recently tested positive for CD by means of blood test, I am
reviewing my family medical history and have been wondering whether my
mother might have been an undiagnosed CD sufferer.  We shared a number
of digestive system symptoms, as do my 29-year-old daughter and I.    My
mother had 2 colon-resections because of diverticulosis, and I am
wondering about the possibility that nutritional deficiencies caused by
CD could precipitate diverticulosis.  Any of you know of any connection?
Also, the hospital dietician advised me to look under celiac disease in
the phone book to locate a support group, and I find none listed.  Does
anyone know of a group meeting in Southern Oregon or Northern
California?  We are on the border, in Ashland.  Thanks a lot.  Nancy
McPherson