Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:38:21 -0800

>"One more caution: although most persons can eat Jerusalem artichokes
>perfectly well, some experience flatulence and mild to acute abdominal
>distress, regardless of whether the tubers are raw or cooked. This is
>because the tubers contain inulin,

Fascinating! the material they culture the non dairy acidophilus on is
inulin and this acidophilus is prescribed for those with digestive, yeast,
etc problems.

I wondered what inulin was and how easy it was to digest and if it was paleo
or not. The other material that non dairy acidophilus is often cultured on
is garbanzo beans, a legume. But peanuts make me so sick now I hesitate to
give him  this acidophilus, either? So what is left? I know paleo does not
advise acidophilus but our kids have chonic recurrent yeast from the vax/
antibiotics and most of the folks on the Autism list are giving their child
some form of acidophilus.