GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Samba Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:49:07 +0100
          "Creation of Man"
A Review Of Qur`aan & Modern
              Embryology
Today we would like to brief you about the Process of
Cellular Division: In this regard the Lord of the universe
tells us that the fertillised ovum divides into two and then
keeps on dividing in a way described by modern science
as mototic division.Quràan says:(AL-NISA, 41:1)

"Who created from a single cell and then created another
one from it to make it a pair and then from those created
multitudes of men & women."

Another part in the Holy Quràan: Allah! Says:-

"He created you from a single cell and then got out from it
its pair."  (AL-ZUMAR,39:6)

Three points are quite evident from these blessed verses.

i. Creation of a Human being from a zygot(fertilised ovum
   or compound cell)
ii. Division of zygote into two cells.
iii. Further division of these two cells into large number until
   this evolves into men and women.
This is the mitotic division which according to Biology goes
through the stages of:-
a. Prophase.
b. Metaphase.
c. Anaphase.
d. Telaphase.
    That is how the embryonic life keeps on developing
    vertically and horizontally.

IMPLANTATION OF EGG IN UTERUS

Division of Zygote results in the formation of Blastocyst
which is implanted in Uterus called a "Place of rest"
in the Quràan.

"And We cause, whom We will,to remain in the womb for
an appointed time."    (AL-HAJJ,22:5)

This egg gradually increases in size by cellular division
and proliferates its roots in the walls of uterus like plant
roots and gets its nourishment from it. The egg gets fixed
in the uterine wall like a hanging nest.The Quràan calls this
stage `ALAQAH `in several verses.Divine proclamation is:-

"Read with the name of your Lord, the One Who created
man from`Alaqah `."    (AL-ALAQ,96:1,2)

"And then We place him in a secure place(womb of mother)
in the form of a zygote and then We fixed him like a hanging
nest(in the uterus).`"    (AL-MOMINOON,23:Verse-13,14)

We will discuss the meaning of `ALAQAH `next time (Inshalah)
By God! power.

May Allah (SWT) GIVE us the UNDERSTANDING of the HOLLY
QURÀAN.....Ameen!!!!!.

Alahumasalli alaa Saidina Muhammadin wa alaa ali Muhammadin.

Samba Goddard
(PULO)