CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:26:24 -0600
Tresy,  now that you brought the subject up-  Yes, FDR and Churchill
were war criminals, and would have been tried as such, if they had not
been the victors.

Churchill deliberately supported an artificial famine in Bengal,  that
led to several million victims.      This was used to impede a possible
Japanese advance into Inda.      I would think it would be of interest
to you,  since you are concerned about genocidal slaughters of oppressed
nationalities.

FDR and Churchill both supported bombings of civilian populations.
FDR"s cohort, Truman,  went on to drop 2 atomic bombs on Japanese
cities.    Should we let FDR off so easily?     He paved the way.

Both also were not opposed to neither Portuguese,  nor Spanish facism.
Their followers continued this policy of support to facism,  for decades
afterwards.    Maybe millions of lives in Africa alone would have been
saved, if the people of the world could have convicted these 2 for war
crimes,  stopping continued support to Spanish and Portuguese facism.

Sincerely....................Tony Abdo