C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elaine Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 08:51:16 EST
Hi Trisha, glad to be back on the list.  I needed a break from lists for a
while during the holidays and from the computer while I tried to stop smoking
(somewhat successfully, I'm down from a little over a pack a day to about 2
cigarettes a day, Monday, I'm going to try to stop even the 2/day).

Anyway, Briana is doing well, she's been taking steps with a forward walker
with arm prompts.  She's not doing it totally independently yet (she's only
been working with the walker for about 2 weeks), and when she does use it
without help, she pushes it forward and her feet lag behind.  Hopefully with
practice she'll be acing it soon.

Also, as some of you might already know, she made 1st honor roll last
semester, and recently won 1st place in her age/grade category in her school
for a National PTA sponsored program called "Reflections."  It now goes on to
the County level.  If she wins that, it goes State then National.  The basic
theme was I can do anything if I try.  Anyone wants to read it let me know
and I can either post it or send it privately.

About Alex's picture, your more than welcome to post it, because I don't know
how to.

Elaine