C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:17:24 -0800
Hi Trisha,

Haha, you haven't "stolen" me.  I'm still on those list.  But like I
said before, I mostly lurk.  I do get great info on a lot of different
things, even stuff that doesn't apply to Heather.  Helps me to
understand better what friends are going through.

That's great that you and Amber have such a wonderful relationship.
Heather is too small for us to share clothes, LOL  But we do like some
of the same music and we've been to several other concerts together. L

Sounds like Amber is on her own much more than Heather is.  Since
Heather is total care she has an aide with her at all times.  Because
she is so involved with the CP and is also visually impaired she is
never on her own completely.  She does some school work on the computer
and we got this one for her at home, but she doesn't have much interest
in it.  She uses intelli keys with custom overlays for class assignments
when they can be adapted.  Because her speech is extremely hard to
understand unless you know her, I don't think that the voice resignation
programs would work for her.  I could type out the emails for her though
if Amber is interested.

Vicki