From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:43:48 -0800
I prefer to buy my books at my small local independent bookseller, where I
can speical order just about any book available, and then some. It might
take a week or so, but there are no special shipping charges, both my local
bookstores offer a frequent buyer card which gives me 10 to 15% discount,
and I am supporting a family I know running a small local business with
excellent personal service with a familiar face. They even know my tase so
well now that they can recommend new books that I'd like!

Big corporations like amazon etc are putting these excellent little
independent sellers out of business, and with them we are losing better
service from a real human being, more specialized selection, and a lovely
place to browse.

ingrid (jean-Claude's partner)