From:
"Dr. Mom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:26:52 -0400
::
::It gets more complex- LDL is far more dangerous if it's oxidised or
::glycosylated.

        Which is why men with the highest iron levels in the Finnish study, had
the highest rate of heart attacks.  Iron rusts (oxidizes) in the arteries!

::
::HOMOCYSTEINE is another risk factor AS POWERFUL as cholesterol and I
forget
::to mention it in my previous post on the facts. it has a dual role- one
it
::actually damages blood vessels directly. Two, high levels indicate higher
::levels of cholesterol-oxidation. Reduction is by vitamins eg folic acid
5mg
::daily,

        Did you mean mcg?  Also, B6 reduces homocysteine levels in people where
folic acid alone is not successful.

Dr. Mom- Ph.D. in motherhood.
BS- psychology, BA-biology
Graduate courses in biochemistry.