CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
frank scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:07:35 -0800
Issodhos @aol.com wrote:

>     I'm kind of surprised that you have decided to play the African
> Apologist.  If you are suggesting that AIDS is genocide then it is a
> self-inflicted genocide and not of the 'West's' doing.

This is only one of the arguable points made, but a new book - reviewed
in the NYTimes yesterday or the day before, I believe it is called The
River - makes the point that a mistake (?) made by a western lab may
have created the plague of AIDS..it is only a theory, but one diligently
researched by the author, and worthy of consideration by thoughtful
people.

As to the other stuff about Africans killing themselves without any
western help... while it is true that they are perfectly capable of
carrying on like murderous western barbarians-  though without the same
weapons of mass destruction- they have been ripped apart by the west,
formed into  artificial property-line, real estate nations that had
little or no meaning to them, and blood-sucked dry of their natural
wealth, beginning with human life during hundreds of years of slavery...

It's difficult to think critically, based on material reality, and wind
up believing that western history has had no affect on africans... seems
a little like the cutting-off-the-guys-legs and then calling him a
cripple syndrome...

fs