VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:03:58 -0700

>New Position: Technology Training Coordinator
>
>The High Tech Center Training Unit is pleased to announce the opening of an
>exciting new position funded through a TMAP grant from the California
>Community Colleges Chancellors Office.  This position will provide
>training and support in the development of accessible web based
>instructional resources for faculty and staff at the five California
>Virtual College centers, @One and selected teaching resource centers around
>the state.
>
>Using a train the trainers model, we will develop and present specialized
>trainings which expand on the existing resources of the HTCTU.  This
>position will use state-of-the-art server technology to create an extensive
>web based library of information to support design and development of
>accessible distance learning resources.  We will work with the latest web
>based courseware authoring tools in support of accessible design. Through
>frequent visits to the various CVC sites, listservers and other forms of
>communication, this position will develop effective working relationships
>with faculty and staff most directly involved with helping community
>college faculty learn to create web based instructional resources.  In this
>way, we will support the transfer of knowledge about accessible web design
>directly to those who most need the information.
>
>The position is based at the HTCTU in Cupertino, California.  It is a
>twelve month, classified position with excellent benefits and a starting
>salary of around $48,400 per year depending upon experience.  This is a two
>year position with proposals for extension already in place.
>
>It is estimated that over the next five to ten years, as many as a third of
>all community college courses may be offered on-line.  This is an
>opportunity to help shape the future of access to virtual instructional
>environments for students with disabilities.  Please feel free to share the
>attached job announcement with any of your associates or friends who you
>think might be qualified and interested.
>
>If you have any questions, please contact me directly at 408.996.6047 or
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Carl Brown, Director
>High Tech Center Training Unit

***The following was converted from a Microsoft Word file.  Please contact
the author listed above for original versions of the file.***

 ANNOUNCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
De Anza College
Technology Training Coordinator
(Special Education / De Anza College)

JOB NUMBER:  2K-052                     Date Opened: 10/8/99        Closing Date: 10/29/99
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting
applications for Technology Training Coordinator, De Anza College.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop, locate and deliver available
technology training resources, services, and activities to faculty and
staff.  Identify on-going technology needs and develop programs and
materials to meet these needs; evaluate and revamp training materials.
Provide technology leadership; assist the Director with technology related
programmatic development and strategic planning for the use and evaluation
of accessible web-based learning technology.  Initiate ideas, implement
solutions, and find resources for use in teaching and course development
with accessible web-based technologies.  Work closely with faculty, project
staff and industry experts to research, develop, and implement new
technology training programs statewide which support the inclusion of
accessible design standards in the development of web-based instructional
resources.  Consult with local college trainers and technical staff to
implement training.  Collaborate with project staff to post and update
training on web site; ensure accessibility design standards and practices
for web based instructional resources are successfully promoted and
implemented resulting in a high level of satisfaction from participants and
presenters.  Maintain accurate records on program development, consulting
services, and cost for statewide delivery.  Perform other related duties as
assigned.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1.      Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic,
socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and
sexual orientation of community college students, staff and community.
2.      Bachelors degree in related field, or the equivalent.
3.      Two years experience in program development and implementation, and
staff supervision.
4.      Experience using training technology for instruction with design and
development of training materials in a variety of delivery modes,
preferably in an educational environment.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1.      Experience using assistive computer technology and web based
instructional resources for teaching and learning.
2.      Understanding of the web-based application of assistive computer
technologies for blind, low vision, deaf and hard-of-hearing, physically
disabled and learning disabled students.

In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge
and abilities:
1.      Effective uses of new technologies such as web development (HTML,
JavaScript, graphics), multimedia tools (PhotoShop, PowerPoint), courseware
authoring tools, CD-ROM and other instructional technology.
2.      Extensive understanding of Windows, NT and Macintosh operating systems
and cross platform issues of application software.
3.      Adult Learning Theory and assessment methods.
4.      Develop and assess educational programs.
5.      Instructional design and training development in computer mediated
learning.
6.      Academic issues relevant to community college student populations.
7.      Design and produce clear training materials, web sites, multimedia, CBT
programs, and online documentation.
8.      Supervise and assign work to technical and clerical staff.
9.      Communicate orally and in writing to individuals and/or groups of
diverse backgrounds including students, staff, and the community.
10.     Work in a changing environment and manage multiple priorities.
11.     Hear and speak to exchange information, make presentations, demonstrate
captioning of digital audio resources.
12.     See to read program documentation and other hard copy materials; color
vision to evaluate the color palettes of web sites for accessibility issues
concerning color blindness, contrast and foreground/background colors.
13.     Lift and carry laptop computers and other presentation equipment when
traveling to training locations.  Dexterity of hands and fingers to
assemble presentation equipment, carry out delicate adjustments to objects
in graphical environments, use a keyboard and various computer pointing
devices.                               (OVER)
In addition to a completed District application form, the following
documents must be submitted:
1.      A resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
2.      A cover letter supporting your candidacy for the position of Technology
Training Coordinator.

SALARY RANGE:                   N-58, $4,040.38 per month plus benefits.

TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:    Full-Time, 12 months per year.
        Grant funded through June 30, 2001

STARTING DATE:                  As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.

Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete
the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the
closing date of the announcement.