NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jj-cupples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:43:12 -0500
> My understanding is that there is no known (or suspected) correlation
between
> dairy allergy and the MMR vaccine. If you suspect egg allergy, though, you
should
> discuss the vaccine with your doctor.
>
> I'm also aware that the study linking the MMR vaccine and autism has been
> thoroughly debunked.
>
> For information on vaccine myths, look at http://www.quackwatch.com.

Thoroughly debunked link?  Nope.  One-sided views always presented on
quackwatch (usually opinion based) and CDC.  No long term studies exist on
vaccination safety or side effects.  Usually lasted a week.  Ask the
manufacturers & CDC.

A big issue with the immunizations and autism/learning disabilities is the
high level of mercury (thimerosal preservative) given to infants/children
during their first year and its affect on their immune system, which then
can be affected by the virus (vaccine).   There are additional studies also
backing up the first findings too of MMR & autism but never cited in
pro-conventional med publications such as quackwatch.  I think one can find
and/or exclude any theory with studies.

The reason the hep B newborn shot is now at 2 mos is because of the high
amount of mercury and now vaccine manufacturers are working to remove
mercury (thimerosal) from vaccines since a different agency finally added up
the mercury exposure of infants from all of their shots and found their
exposure exceeded the EPA guidelines for mercury.....but then their limits
are lower than other agencies.  Even Dr. Rosenthal reported this in the
Parade Sunday paper insert a few months ago.  And a dairy allergy is an
immune response for most.  Mercury causes immune response problems in those
sensitive to it, but not all are sensitive to it.  Many parents aren't
against vaccinations, just want safety.  Spacing out vaccinations, not
getting 9 of them in one setting....not every kid can handle this, only
immunizing well children, and removing mercury are priorities of those of us
living with autism and other disabilities.

Thoroughly debunked?  Nope, not for many.

Respectfully,
Janice