BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 23:58:56 -0500
Interesting story, Ralph. I have heard of a number of Jewish people who
would/will not buy Ford products because of Henry I's anti-Semitic
publications. But there seem to be many who are quite willing to own a
Mercedes, BMW or VW. On the other hand, my father (who came to this country
as a refugee from the Nazi invasion of France) won't buy anything but Fords
and can't bring himself to buy a Japanese car (though he admires them)
because he remembers Pearl Harbor. It did not make his day when I pointed
out that his Ford Escort is mechanically a Mazda.

I have read the article concerned, did indeed find it interesting, and may
have more to say about it later. I had not intended to open this bottomless
can of worms on BP and therefore restricted myself to commenting that I
didn't approve of everything Henry Ford had said or done. The worms now
being free, I may have more to say.

Don White